Some of the links on our site maybe from our sponsors.
Essential oils have been widely used by many different cultures as natural alternative medicines. The extraction of these essential oils from plants is made possible by distillation. Researchers found out that essential oils contain compounds that have healing effects.
What Are Essential Oils Useful For?
The popular essential oils which are widely used are lavender, clary sage, orange, rosemary, cinnamon lemon, eucalyptus, bergamot lemongrass, chamomile, and jasmine. These essential oils can be the solutions to the following:
- Headache – Essential oils from lavender and peppermint are known to ease a headache. They are also considered effective pain relievers compared to your usual painkillers.
- Nausea – The combination of lemon, ginger, and peppermint oils can treat nausea. They can help pregnant women who are experiencing morning sickness. Also, these oils can cure digestive problems.
- Insomnia – People who are having trouble sleeping can use chamomile and bergamot. These oils improve sleeping patterns and make people fall asleep faster.
- Anxiety – Orange and lavender essential oils have calming effects that can reduce stress. They are also good for relaxation since their scents are calming.
- Low Energy – If you feel that your energy is getting drained, you can apply lemon, cinnamon, and peppermint oil. These oils can awaken your senses and give you an energy boost.
- Inflammation – The compounds you can find in essential oils can protect the body cells from stressors. They are a good source of antioxidants. They can even lessen swelling and infection.
How Do You Use Essential Oils?
Applying essential oils is easy. You can directly apply it, or it can also be inhaled. The following are the common ways of essential oil application.
- Use a diffuser. Diffusers work best on aromatic oils. The oils are diffused in the air using devices that you can use at home and even in the office.
- Inhaling the steam. Aside from using a diffuser, you may inhale the steam by adding drops of essential oil in a bowl of hot water.
- Use in a hot bath. Put drops of essential oils in a tub and take a deep breath.
- Massage on the skin. Essential oils can be directly applied to the body to relieve pain and to moisturize the skin.
Generally, essential oils are safe. However, some people can experience side effects such as :
- Headaches usually occurred when a person inhaled essential oils that are not properly dissolved.
- Problem with breathing can be encountered when people with asthma inhaled too much of the concentrated oils.
To avoid the risks and side effects of the essential oils, it is advised that guidance from an alternative medicine expert should be observed.
Essential oils are more than soothing fragrances to your home, as they are proven to bring health benefits.